View Single Post
Old
11-02-2012, 12:24 PM
Lonewolfe2015

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyBluesFan View Post
Here is my vision for the team
Mine was posted before... but I disagree on Stastny + Kane, I don't see the two meshing well at all. You're playing too many people out of their positions (Kessel at LW and Ryan at RW, Oshie at C, possibly Kane at C, etc) and Pacioretty should definitely be on a line with Stastny.

Pominville brings less to the table than Pavelski if he's not on a scoring line in my opinion, we really don't need more playmaking types either. I'd also take the experience Pavelski brings (and again his clutch play should not be ignored) over younger options like Stepan unless they make major improvements.

Quote:
Kane and Kessel are your two best If Statsny continues to regress then you move Kane to center
Stastny isn't regressing and Kane shouldn't be at center.

Quote:
You have 3 balanced lines and the 3 defensive orientated defensmen Suter, McDonagh and Scuderi are all better defensively, so is Carlson
EJ is most definitely better defensively than Scuderi and Carlson. McDonagh had one good season and EJ still played great defensively himself. If his offense shines again within the next two years he is a lock, even if it doesn't his defensive game should more than make up for it when paired with someone like Yandle or JJ.

Quote:
I think the young guys: Pacioretty, Fowler, Oshie, Shattenkirk and Carlson already bring more to the table than EJ and Pavelski. And the gap will only grow 2 years from now as they progress.
Pacioretty, I agree. Oshie is a wash imo, he can't play center like Pavelski can but is a bit better of a spark plug type. EJ is definitely better than Shattenkirk and Carlson.

JJ and EJ will both be on the team, there's no way they won't barring something major happening between now and then.