View Single Post
Old
11-02-2012, 12:27 PM
Whydidijoin*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by diceman934 View Post
Kadri was less than spectacular and Connelly/Lambo were.....that is my point. No need to pay Connelly the money they did as they should have given a young prospect the ice time...aid in the players development.
Giving a prospect ice time that he has not earned does not aid in a player's development, nor does pushing him into a 1st-line Toronto role that Connolly was pegged for.

Quote:
Can you not get that Franson was mishandled.....he was used as the 7th D-man and he was not the 7th d-man. You make a trade for a young player and then you proceed to devalue him as well as to take away his confidence.....like I stated poor asset management....that was my point and still is.
How many times do I have to say it? Franson was not our 7th defenseman.

Quote:
The Komi signing was a mistake at the amount of money that they paid him.....that was my point and still is and yet you only state that he got fair market value....someone else should have been paying him the 4.5 million that Burke paid him. Over paid and a mistake as he has a NMC so we could not bury him like we did with Finger.....we could not trade him as no one would take on that contract.
It was a bad result. If Komisarek had played like he did before coming to Toronto, it would have been a good signing. Either way, he was signed for market value.

NMC or not, he would not be buried. Even now, he is NHL caliber. Nothing like Finger. He is just not 4.5 million caliber.

Quote:
Liles signing no matter how you spin it was more than fair market value and not at all a good decision in my opinion. He was still out of the line up with a concussion when he was extended.
It's not spin. It is facts. Quotes and league average for a player like him support this.

Quote:
If we continue to sign players who are not going to be part of turning the team around and take up roster spots, just how are we going to improve. Liles is a soft D man who is not part of the solution and he needs to be replaced if we are to improve....
Liles is not soft, and was an important part of this team for the first half of the year. One of the most important. He also brings valuable leadership and experience to a young squad. Liles is better than any alternative we have right now.

Quote:
Your claim that Aulie's development was stalled is funny. He played 40 games the year before and was only a minus 1 playing against the opponents top players and you state his develop stalled...it does not past the sniff test.
THE YEAR BEFORE. And then his development stalled, and he wasn't even playing well in the AHL.

Quote:
As for why Aulie was traded.....pm sent/
And no facts or supporting evidence given.

Whydidijoin* is offline   Reply With Quote