View Single Post
Old
11-02-2012, 01:02 PM
klozge
Avs

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skating Tripods View Post
Nice comeback win. A little surprised that Chynoweth went back to Aittokallio after Pickard's win on Saturday night. His goaltending rotation has, to say the least, perplexed me. I know Aitto missed a couple games following a puck to the face in warmups a couple weeks back, but it's been a little confusing. Hard for one of these guys to get into a rhythm right now. Of course, the AHL schedule makes that hard anyway.
I acutally liked it although I don't think Aittokallio had a great game last night. I think it was a message to Aittokallio that the coach is believing in him. Such things are possible because Pickard can handle two games in two nights. I guess, it's important to remember that the LEM don't only need to win games. They also need to develop the Avs' prospects. Peoria is not a good a team at the moment, so why not give Aittokallio the start against them? Both goalies are pretty good (Pickard seems to be better currently) and both need to play. Pickard will probably play today and tomorrow.