View Single Post
Old
11-02-2012, 01:27 PM
Grind
Stomacheache AllStar

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holden Caulfield View Post
Yeah your thinking of the right game, Lynk posted a "review of AC in 5 mins" up there you can check out if you want if you've got 5 minutes...

I personally like that aspect of the storyline, it's what makes moving era to era possible and makes the storyline with "The Ones Who Came Before" possible. That's possibly the best part about AC, IMO, is the back story of the "First Ones", the coming apocalypse, Subject 16's secret video, pieces of Eden, all the fluff about abstergo's current movements, things like that, I love all the backstory the put into it. Doesn't feel forced or changed at all to me, not with the level of backstory involved, and the way all of this stuff ties in to the current time is awesome, much better than doing random ultimately pointless assassinations in the past, IMO. But jmo...
different strokes i guess.

I'm a big fantasy/medieval/RPG guy, so the modern twists probably just offended that aspect. I probably didn't give it enough time but the combination of that, and not feeling like an assasin, felt like iwas be sold a period/fantasy assassin game but was being given a sudo-sy-fy hack-n'-slash game. the disconnect in expectation and product recieved probably has the most to do with me being soured on the franchise. Add in the US setting of the third one and i was heavily turned off.