View Single Post
Old
11-02-2012, 01:33 PM
Chris Hansen
Team Tyrion

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Recoil View Post
See, that's part of the problem. In corporate America, this **** doesn't happen, for the most part, at least it's very rare. When Unions threaten to go on strike, MOST of the time right now, they continue to work on the terms of their existing agreements and negotiate in good faith. Business goes on, a deal gets done, and that's that. These days that's mainly because of the poor economy and workers not wanting to take chances at losing their jobs, but the corporations don't end up overly screwing the Unions either.

But not in sports.

In sports these days, it's common practice for a lockout (the opposite of a strike). NBA, NFL, NFL Refs, and the NHL now. Sides don't even start TALKING until a lockout is in place. It's an abysmal way to run a successful business, especially one that is so dependent on the public eye. I'm fed up with professional sports in general for this stance. There is ZERO reason the fans should get caught in the middle. Keep working on the terms of your old CBA until you figure your **** out.

The fact that makes this even less tolerable is exactly the point the prior poster made: It's Millionaires vs Billionaires. Well you know what? **** THEM ALL. They are all greedy, whiny *****es, who have more money than any of us would hope to have (even the fringe players do pretty damn well) and they are here to ENTERTAIN US. That's why they exist. Watching them squabble and do nothing with their millions is pathetic. Keep working. Keep the fans happy. Work under your prior terms, and negotiate behind closed doors instead of in front of the media. That should be how these get done in the future.

(yea....right...that's going to happen)
Agree with all of this, although I have to add again that calling a lockout the opposite of a strike is too technical - for all intents and purposes, they are the same thing, i.e. at least one side refusing to continue working.

But now I'm contradicting myself since I said I hate technical arguments, so I'll just leave that there

Anyway, I couldn't agree more with your post. I am sick of this.

Chris Hansen is online now   Reply With Quote