View Single Post
Old
11-02-2012, 03:14 PM
Butch 19
King me

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyCA View Post
As to the Canadian comment. Look, the broadcasters are better in Canada, the coverage is better in Canada, the game is a bigger deal in Canada, and most of the players in the NHL are Canadian. Now obviously there are going to be knowledgeable people in every country who understand the game. US, Europe, etc.. But I do not think it is wrong to say that Canadians, as a WHOLE, understand the game more than any other country. Sorry if that offends you (it shouldn't), but its the truth. Deal with it.
This is such crap.

Canadian announcers are no better than whomever is announcing on NBCSN, NBC or FSN. In fact, in many ways Canadian annnouncers worse, much worse. e.g. last years playoffs (gm 2?) Kings vs Vanc - on a goal by Doughty, the announcer went on and on about some "great save" by a defenseman, how he "got there, threw up his glove to make a great save when Luongo was out of position"... "Oh, did the puck go in? I guess that was a Kings goal... did you see that?" He literally had NO idea what he just witnessed, and he couldn't tell immediately from the body language of every skater on the ice that the Kings had in fact, scored a goal Whoever those guys are on CBC, they're such homers for Canada, it should be embarassing, but it's not.

And Canadian fans are no better hockey educated than any other NHL fan. I see it every game when a Canadian team gets called for an obvious penalty, and the fans boooo the ref - like it's some oppression and the ref is just out to get them. There's NEVER been any letigimate penalty against their team!!

Canadians, as a WHOLE, understand the game exactly the same as any other fan from any other country. Sorry if that offends you (it shouldn't), but its the truth. Deal with it.