View Single Post
Old
11-02-2012, 04:53 PM
Replacement
Now with 9% more zen

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by guymez View Post
Huh...my stance has always been that the Esks should earn their playoff spot by winning. Thats exactly what the Argos did.

There is no inconsistency...nice try.

The argos "earned" a playoff spot on the basis of being ahead of Hamilton and Winnipeg. In this division it was next to impossible to avoid them making the playoffs.

So the Eskimos are also better than the same two teams, Hamilton and Winnipeg, plus to qualify for the crossover the Eskimos HAD to have more pts than either of those clubs. The Argos could have made in even if tied in the standings if they won the season series.

In the East its a luxury knowing you can be pretty ordinary and still make the playoffs with ease. In the West its a dogfight.

Don't discount either what 8games in the schedule consisting of dates with Winnipeg and Hamilton does for a team.

What easy opponents do we have in the West?

AS far as the matchups with the bombers or Ticats we should have won both games against the Bombers. They were both ours to win. I like our chances getting pts against them if we played them 4 times. As far as Hamilton the 51-8 game I would have to say is an outlier. A game in which the Eskimos got down, demoralized, and just layed down. The one time this year they did that. An atypical game. I'd say yes. In the game between the clubs that meant all the marbles we won. We also won a huge game against the Riders down the stretch. One we weren't supposed to win and that you would doubt we would win. We won the game going away.
We lost the last 2 games to BC, and Montreal, two most likely teams to end up in the Grey Cup. We were in both of those game. Despite an injury depleted club.

Last edited by Replacement: 11-02-2012 at 05:00 PM.