View Single Post
Old
11-02-2012, 06:42 PM
hockeyfanz

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mess View Post
How much success would Andreychuk have had without Dougie is the key here?.

Gilmour could elevate himself and his teammates to new levels. If Andreychuk had Derlago and Vaive had Gilmour as their centers and situations reversed I think you would have a different prospective.

That said, I agree in principle with the point that Vaive much like Kessel today was more about empty personal points, in otherwise meaningless Leaf seasons of failure. Vaive however was big and physical and rack up 120+ pims in addition to 50+ goals. Neither player elevated their team by their play to greater success.

But as far as trades go, a washed up Tiger Williams and utility forward Jerry Butler for a 3 time 50 goal scorer is still a good trade on the surface.
Dude although I often share your sentiment on Leafs matters....wow....you think Gilmour made Andreychuk? The guy scored over 600 goals in the NHL. I agree that his career year was with Dougie when he scored 53 goals but 29 of them were with the Sabres. I loved Gilmour but cmon....he didn't amass 127 points playing with stiffs. Dougie had some pretty good linemates in big Dave "garbage goal" Andreychuk and Wendel, who could score with a wrist shot from the top of the circle. Everybody thinks that great Burns team was all Dougie. He was definitely the catalyst but it was a pretty well built team led by a brilliant coach.

hockeyfanz is offline   Reply With Quote