View Single Post
Old
11-02-2012, 05:46 PM
ikelechien

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rise from the Ashes View Post
Gauthier could drop due to the likely variation of rankings on team lists. Still, I doubt that given the fact that there will LIKELY be a QMJHL bias this year. Just like something like the "Russian Factor," teams will be influenced by the talk that "the QMJHL is very deep this year and may be the best Q draft in a long time." Not to say teams may not like Gauthier just because of what he brings to the table, but I do think he should go in the top 30.
Just looking at McKeen's Nov-12 listing and they too believe this is the year of the Q - they already have 7 in the top 30 (MacKinnon, Drouin, Fucale, Erne, Carrier, Gauthier & Mantha) with possibly more to come (Duclair, Zykov e.g.) However, I doubt Gauthier drops - McKeen's already has him a heady #17 and he is just adjusting to the league. My take on Gauthier is now up on TheHockeyWritersCombine.

They also have Adam Erne at 21 which I think is too low. If he continues to develop, he could push top 10 - just my humble opinion but I like him a lot.

Update: Erne with 3 goals so far tonight.

Last edited by ikelechien: 11-02-2012 at 07:41 PM. Reason: Update