View Single Post
Old
11-02-2012, 05:52 PM
Minister of Offence

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poolshark View Post
Wouldn't say that Spezza isn't trying as much as he can, I think if you're a sports man you try always to give your best, and as far as I can see Spezza is a big sports man. He's highly accepted in the team and he also affected Del Zotto to come over and join the lakers. If the whole thing would be equal to him, I don't think he whould have done that.
But it's a different game here, some NHL Players will get used to it easier, others need more time. For our part, we're happy with Spezza he's new in the team but he's already a leader who takes the responsibility. Last year Rapperswil-Jona was the rear end light of the whole league, this year we fight lively for a place in the Play Offs, Spezza is now an important part in this rise. The fans feel for the time of this lockout, that he is one of us and they give him the respect he deserves.
If you've played a lot of competitive sports you know that when you play down a level, you can try as hard as you want, but you'll be below your best on most nights whether you like it or not. And that's before you consider the fact they are trying to stay healthy as well.

There's really no sense in getting worked up about any players stats as he plays oversees in the lockout. But it would look poor if a top NHLer wasn't at or near the top of the team in scoring.