View Single Post
Old
11-02-2012, 06:54 PM
Beezeral

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dikkens View Post
Thanks guys. I know there are so many intangibles out there and that every team is different. I just want to be sure I'm not wasting valuable time and money to make this happen.

I know I can play, but I know there is alot of room for improvement. Guys at public hockey are always asking me what college I play for. With a little bit of coaching and alot of hard work I know I can take it to another level. I plan on attending a power skating clinic or two if I can afford it.

EDIT: Most of the schools Im interested in are D2 ACHA
Honestly, if you have been playing nothing but house league all your life, you are going to have a tough time getting a roster spot on most DII ACHA teams. While obviously not at the level of NCAA hockey, most teams are filled with guys who have been playing AAA ice hockey all their lives.

My alma mater is one of the top DIII teams in the country, and every player on the roster played AAA hockey growing up.

Some teams obviously have lower talent levels and would be easier to get a spot on, but it's going to be very difficult for you to earn.

I hate to be the Debbie downer, but what you want to do will be very challenging and will be very expensive regardless of the result.

Obviously this is something you have your heart set on, but in my opinion your best bet is to get yourself into a school that fits you academically, and then try out for the team and hopefully work your way onto the roster. Picking a school based on a club sport could have serious long term consequences to your future in the real world.

Beezeral is offline   Reply With Quote