View Single Post
Old
11-02-2012, 08:02 PM
mossey3535

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TCsmyth View Post
Agree. Fehr has already cost the players a lot by rebuffing the NHL framework. I believe that the league coming back again proves that they do want a season (which runs counter to a number of folks that say the fix was in for them to cancel another year).

I didn't think the players will let Fehr get away with thumbing his nose anymore, and will demand he get in a room and work off of this.
That's what I hate about this entire thing. The NHL's pattern of offers is consistent with a side that really believes that all that's needed is a 'tweak' of the existing system.

The league is doing better than last lockout, they just wanted to do some fine tuning to bring more teams in-line. They have less incentive this year to lockout the players for a whole season. But at the same time, they will always be more able than the players to bear a lost season financially.

The NHLPA has been the side stonewalling here, and again, I'm not sure what their endgame is. Anyone here could see a linked soft-landing coming, so if they get that, the Fehr brothers were useless.

Even worse for the players, even if they sign a soft landing deal now, the owners have their instant 25% rollback because of cancelled games.