View Single Post
Old
11-02-2012, 07:12 PM
JackSlater

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yakushev72 View Post
Lehtinen, Kurri, Hossa, Chara, Suchy ... all among the greatest Europeans of all time? That's bizarre! I know you well as a Canadian super-patriot, which is fine, since I'm sure that you must be Canadian. Still, no need to be disrespectful to Europeans. No need to have every country represented - just pick the best players.
First off, thank you for recognizing me well as a Canadian super-patriot. Anyway, as you may have noticed I was not going for the absolute best players but instead the right players. You'll notice that the North American team is not composed of all of the most talented players as well. I actually regret not making room for one more defensively responsible forward on the team.

Lehtinen is not as good as numerous European wingers, but he is one of the greatest defensive wingers in hockey history and this team will need him on the penalty kill. Kurri actually is one of the greatest European wingers, so he makes the team completely on merit. His skillset is also very valuable to this team. Hossa is in to provide some grit and two way play, which is missing from quite a few of the best European wingers. He has no weaknesses and is valuable in any role. I also strongly considered Krutov here, but I am skeptical that he would be as versatile. Suchy and Chara make this team on merit as well. Europe isn't overly deep when it comes to defencemen, and in the case of Chara it's beneficial to have a defender other than Vasiliev who has tremendous strength.

I am curious to see your respective teams though, so if you have some time please take a shot.

JackSlater is offline   Reply With Quote