View Single Post
Old
11-02-2012, 07:47 PM
guymez
The Seldom Seen Kid

vCash: 160
Quote:
Originally Posted by Replacement View Post
My point was we made the playoffs, legit, and fair and square. Not sure where the notion comes from that the Eskimos don't deserve to be there and the Argos automatically do. 2 weeks ago the Argos would've found themselves in last place in the west and despite their easier schedule.
Look if you satisfied with sucking a little less than the other teams to make the playoffs then good on ya.
I would rather see the team earn a spot by winning...not back in by losing.

Just a question of perspective I guess.

Quote:
Argos are playing reasonably well right now. We'll see what happens. If we get some guys back from injury and are reasonably healthy (Howard, Sherritt, Charles) playing complete games then we're in it. Being that the game is in Toronto it could be a longer day if we continue to have multiple injuries on D.

I think theres very little to choose between the clubs tbh. Despite us winning both matchups.
Honestly...it would be fun if they played the Argos and your savior Joseph goes head to head against Ray.
I think that there is an overwhelmingly obvious difference at QB (and offensively) but your hate for Ray precludes you from seeing that.
I also think that the Argos have a big edge when it comes to Special Teams but the Esks have an edge on defence.
The only way the Esks win is if Joseph has an out of body experience like he has maybe 3 times this season.

Quote:
Again as far as the one ticats game its a game like no other all season. That is undeniable. Not one other match where the team looked like that. You can say junk I guess. We won 7 games, several convincingly, we lost 5 games by a couple pts and in at least 3 of those missed the game winning FG. On another one we had the ball deep and Jyles fumbled when it would've been an easy kick to win. We could easily have 10 or 11 wins now.
Lets see....

Loss 39-15 to the Stamps
Loss 39-19 to the Lions
Loss 51-8 to the Ticats
Loss 17-1 to the Riders

Obviously the Ticats loss was the worst but the absolutely putrid offence showed up on multiple occasions. This offence scored less than 20 points a total of 7 times...they were neck and neck with the Bombers for the worst offence in the CFL.

Yeah...I'd say they were extremely lucky to be in the playoffs with this offence and their (7-11 or 8-10) record.