View Single Post
Old
11-02-2012, 09:28 PM
DuckJet
Destiny pls

vCash: 69
Just got done watching the Norfolk-Binghamton game.

Norfolk

Emerson Etem: Finally came alive. 2 goals tonight and was noticeably involved in the play throughout the game after scoring. Got a little too fancy at times but it was great to see him finally play with some intensity.

Sami Vatanen: Had a weak first period. Turnovers and being outmuscled consistently. Picked it back up through the rest of the game. Had some good steals. Good offensive chances generated. Had two assists that's good for a tie for fourth place in AHL scoring. 3rd among defensemen.

Peter Holland: Had a goal tonight. Watching him, I still get annoyed when he doesn't attack the net more aggressively, but I think of all our propsects with the exception of Smith Pelly and Palmieri who are basically NHLers now, Holland is the most NHL ready prospect of the group. His skillset is pro level now. Mentally he's not playing a dominant enough style of hockey.

Kyle Palmieri: Drew an assist but had another one of those games where I couldn't believe he didn't score. Had a bunch of chances and was deadly all night.

Igor Bobkov: Had a good first period but fell apart after that. Shaky against almost every shot he faced. 3 of the 4 goals he let in could have easily been stopped. Very unhappy with his performance after getting a shutout last week.

Hampus Lindholm. Had a weaker game tonight. Still showing responsible defensive play and positioning for the most part. But he wasn't all that effective offensively. Tried to go end to end and lost it at the blueline 3 different times. Mishandled the puck on the powerplay. Had a few turnovers. But I still take the 18 year old Lindholm over his 29 year old partner Guenin as far as responsible defense goes.

Devante Smith Pelly: More of the same out of him. Generated chances. Brought the physicality....not much else to say there.

Patrick Wiercioch: I was impressed with him. He did well on the powerplay and he's got a pretty good shot. Missed his goal because the feed cut out, but he's pretty good.

J.G. Pageau: A bit undersized but he was pretty involved in the offense. Norfolk used the third pairing on his line early on and he and his line just gave them total hell at times.

Robin Lehner: Kept his team in it in the last few minutes but he struck me as rattled for much of the game. Lost his balance more times than I would be comfortable with as a Bingo fan.

Mika Zibanejad: Didn't notice him much in the first period but he came alive later on. I still say that as far as immediate value goes Zibanejad isn't good enough to be added to Greening for Bobby Ryan straight up. I don't think Z-bad is quite ready for NHL. At least he isn't ready to make a big offensive impact.

Jakob Silfverberg: Like Zibanejad, I didn't notice him all that much in the first period but he came alive as the game progressed. Could do with some skating work, but he's got an absolutely terrific wrist shot. Very impressed.

Mark Stone: Did he play?

Shane Prince: Not impressed. From all the whining and tirepumping I heard when he got snubbed for USA's WJC team, I expected much more out of this kid.

Hugh Jessiman: *******'s got a great shot. Bobkov should've stopped it though. There was no screen.

Stephane Da Costa: His skating has improved since I last saw him. Didn't piece together enough scoring chances though.

Also caught the third period of the Aeros-Barons game

Hall: Brutal headshot to Jonas Brodin. Absolutely uncalled for and it looked like he was head-hunting. Brodin needed help off the ice.

RNH: Didn't notice him...was he out?

Schultz: Only makes me angrier when I see how good he is.

Eberle: Terrific goal on the powerplay. He really has a nose for the net

Coyle: I'm pleasantly surprised by Coyle. He's quite a player. Looks like a good top 6 forward for Minnesota

Granlund: Didn't catch much of him because he injured his ankle. Bad luck for the baby Wild.

DuckJet is offline   Reply With Quote