View Single Post
Old
11-02-2012, 10:02 PM
orcatown

vCash: 500
Very encouraging game for a lot of the prospects.

Schroeder played very well and unlucky not to get more points. Made some excellent setups that should have been converted.

Kassian - that's the best I've seen him look - looked like a real threat going wide with the puck and made some very nice passes. Just a bit away from really breaking out if he continues this. Showed some excellent speed going both ways

Connauton - played with authority and some moxie. Seems like he can go to another level.

Tanev - took a while to get going but in the third played extremely well. Not just the goal (where he showed huge speed to get up in the play) but kept changing the play around in the Wolves favor.

Lack - very solid when it counted. Defensive lapses are often putting him in real difficult situations. I wonder, however, if he isn't playing a little deep in the net. I know that is how the goalies are coached up by Melansen but I'm not sure that, like the beginning of last season, Lack is a little too concerned with playing deep and not challenging the shooters. Wasn't until he abandoned some of the playing deep that he came on last season IMO

Andersson - showed some good signs in this game. skating is good and puck movement effective. Seems like something here to work with

Sweatt - maybe the best player. Was dangerous through out

Mallet - gets around the ice well and seems to be well positioned. Looks significantly better than Freisen.

Others with good games

Davies - very effective along the boards and in moving the puck. Unlucky not to score.
Pinizotto
Gordon

Hunt

The only real poor player was Sauve. Joslin had his flubs but overall was OK.

Wolves need to improve their face-offs but at least in this game showed some fire power and some ability to score on the PP.