View Single Post
Old
11-02-2012, 10:33 PM
Gert B Frobe

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoneFullHolmgren View Post
you would be correct.
I am not going to deny that UNH isnt a elite college hockey school. But I am not going to listen to anyone trash the way the school i support deals with the young players in their program. Its crap.
How many years did he play at UNH? I don't recall. Not a really good program - not a really good league. Did he face any future NHL defenseman? To me that's not too good. There was a reason Holmgren wasn't happy about it. Granted he took the risk knowing that's what he wanted to do.

If he enters the OHL and plays for Brampton - he has nowhere near as much fun as he did poking coeds at UNH which may be what motivated him (can't fault him for it)

If he enters the OHL and plays for Brampton - he learns to work, loses his baby fat quicker, plays on a smaller surface against real defenseman and he DEVELOPS FASTER.

Would he end up a better player overall? Somewhere between maybe and probably I guess. I think he would be much further along and would have had a better career if he hadn't taken the easy route. That's what he did - he took the easy route. Can't really blame him as that would make me a hypocrite. I tested into a very nice spot in the Air Force after college but decided to just **** off for years until I grew up instead...

Gert B Frobe is offline   Reply With Quote