Old
11-02-2012, 11:06 PM
surixon

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ps241 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by mossey3535 View Post
Not only that, but it's the same deal except the leaguek offers to absorb a negotiable amount of the make-whole. Why don't they just come back to the table to hear about it?

Of course they won't, because that would mean accepting the linked framework, which they've shown no sign of being willing to do so far.

Meh, I'm less excited now, unless the membership put significant pressure on Fehr in that conference call.
Today on the Rona Round table on TSN 1290 Shane Hnidy said a source he has told him that three of the player reps spoke up in the meeting and said the players on their respective teams wanted to get back to the table and negociate. Now that is hardly a pressure play but just like those old painful junior high dances when the first kid takes the walk across the gym to ask a girl to dance usually the rest of the pack aren't too far behind. as far as I know when Hnidy made these comments I don't know if the players even had knowledge of the new proposal?
It's doesn't seem that very many of them know about it. Now that could be a logistical issue as it was a verbal offer, but it seems like Fehr has his own agenda here and I hope the players get sick of this and force his hand into attempting to negotiate off of this.