View Single Post
Old
11-02-2012, 11:46 PM
Kari Takko

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Utterly Disgusting View Post
I try my best to refrain from doing so but I have to ask for some life advice. I think this is the first time, I have posted anything personal (I try my best to humor the masses).

I have a female friend that likes me more than a friend. I don't feel the same way but value our friendship. To give you a backstory: we met over a year ago at my job. She quit about six months ago and found a job that is more of her calling. It wasn't until she left the job, that we actually became friends. She added me on Facebook and realized we had a lot in common (at work, the extent of what we talked about was music - politics and religion aren't very work friendly conversations). So we've hung out here and there over the last half year. She mentioned she liked me before and I was honest with her that I didn't feel the same way, apologized to the best of my ability (I really do feel terrible because I've been on the receiving end of these situations), and felt like there was a closure. Fast forward to tonight, she's about to head out of town for a month and before leaving, mentioned she still had strong feelings and needed to explain more about them. **** man. I felt like **** before and now, I feel like I have to open that wound again. I really hate to do that to someone but I really have no choice.

Does anyone have any advice on how to handle these situations? I feel I'm doing the right thing by being honest with her but is it really worth it for me to feel guilty about not reciprocating feelings?
Hit it and quit it?

JK... All you can do is be true to yourself, and if she means a lot to you as a friend, you have to consider her feelings. Unfortunately, there's no way you can predict the outcome.