View Single Post
Old
11-03-2012, 12:32 AM
Skating Tripods

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by klozge View Post
I acutally liked it although I don't think Aittokallio had a great game last night. I think it was a message to Aittokallio that the coach is believing in him. Such things are possible because Pickard can handle two games in two nights. I guess, it's important to remember that the LEM don't only need to win games. They also need to develop the Avs' prospects. Peoria is not a good a team at the moment, so why not give Aittokallio the start against them? Both goalies are pretty good (Pickard seems to be better currently) and both need to play. Pickard will probably play today and tomorrow.
You're right. I completely understand that the job description clearly states that you do what is in the best interest of the parent club. Using both goaltenders is definitely in the best interest of the parent club. I also don't see a problem in letting them play in stretches. Going back and forth on a regular basis creates more potential for injury and makes it very difficult for the goaltenders to get in rhythm.

It's hard with these three-in-three scenarios or back-to-backs, which they have played a lot of so far.

What matters at the end of the day is that they have two reliable goaltenders and the team should feel comfortable playing in front of either one of them.