View Single Post
Old
11-03-2012, 02:07 AM
tarheelhockey
Global Moderator

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Summer Ruutu View Post
How many 20-year old NHLers aren't playing somewhere by now? This is ridiculous. Jeff Skinner's commitment to his development is disgraceful. The Hurricanes invest $5.75M/yr in this clown and he can't even show up to an AHL training camp.
I don't know if this has been posted in one of the other threads:

@ice_chip: Skinner's agent, Rick Curran, said uncertainty of CBA negotiations and status of guaranteed contracts led him to advise Skinner to stay put.

@ice_chip: @horaxhorax Hall apparently had to insure his 7-year extension against an injury in AHL.

@ice_chip: Skinner's agent, Rick Curran, said uncertainty of CBA negotiations and status of guaranteed contracts led him to advise Skinner to stay put.

@ice_chip: Curran said Skinner wanted to play for Checkers. Said he told Skinner prudent decision was not to take the risk because of dollars involved.

I guess I can see where the agent is coming from. With all this CBA uncertainty he couldn't give Skinner assurance that his contract would be preserved if he suffered a career-altering injury. And while the obvious solution is to insure the deal, it might be easier said than done when talking about a kid who has multiple concussions already.

Professionally, he's probably making the safe move... even if it sucks for us. Too much to lose and little to gain.

tarheelhockey is online now   Reply With Quote