Thread: Value of: Zach bogosian
View Single Post
Old
11-03-2012, 01:23 AM
Jet Oil

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huffer View Post
Pretty decent thread until it became just about Bogosian and Yakupov.

I understand your thought process here Jet Oil, I think when I try to look 5 years into the future though, I'm a little more worried about the Jets D then the forwards. Of course anything can happen from now to then (trades, Free Agents, etc), but in 5 years I don't think Buff is going to be on the top pairing.

Again, not knowing what other transactions may happen, I could see Enstrom, Bogo, and Trouba as the top 3, with Buff getting much more sheltered minutes and PP time. Without Bogo in the mix, I think the Jets are taking a huge gamble that A) Buff will be able to improve and stay on the top pair for years to come, and that B) one or more D in the organization, VASTLY overachieve (like a Redmond, Postma, Melchirori) to pick up the slack.

In 5 years, while not world beaters, I think our forwards should be in better shape than the D, especially if we lost Bogo. Kane, Wheeler, Ladd, Little, Burmistrov, and Scheifele should be the top 6, with guys like Telegin, Cormier, Lowry, Klingberg, Machacek, Kosmachuk, Sutter, and Olsen on the bottom 6.

Certainly adding Yakupov to that mix makes it a while lot better, but the question is, does adding Yakupov at the cost of Bogosian make the Jets better? You say yes, I'm worried that our defensive depth isn't capable of handling that trade and say no.

Value wise I think it's a good trade. And yes, in 5 years if Yakupov has multiple 50+ goal seasons it could be a trade that Jets ownership wishes they made in hindsight.

Didn't the Oilers have a chance to trade Comrie for Perry (or something to that affect), at one point?
The bolded is really the point I was trying to make. The Oilers fans in here are laughing at the Jets fans who are laughing at the idea of trading Bogo for Yak. All I'm saying is, as a fan of both teams, their value is relatively equal, which is maybe why both fan bases dislike the deal. (that's how these things work, right?)

I'm not saying I'd do the deal. If he's willing, I want to see Bogosian stay in Winnipeg for long time. But as a few people have stated, it would be an opportunity that deserves serious consideration.

Jet Oil is offline   Reply With Quote