Old
11-03-2012, 01:49 AM
Fugu
Administrator
HFBoards

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdawg1234 View Post
I never really agreed with this argument. If we were talking about the owners wanting the players to drop their share from say 50% to 43% and were dead set on getting it, then yes I'd say they're going to far.

But they want 50/50, like every other league in North America has. I highly, highly doubt the owners will ask for a significant drop(last time it was 24% from a massive 76% of the share, this time it's more of a 10% cut) next time around. Especially if they get the cba they want(as it will fix many, many problems currently in the system.).

We dont even know if there is a cycle to break, when the players have been making a large majority of the profits/revenues anyway.

We each can speculate as to what may happen. I can say two things with conviction:

1) IF the owners wanted or needed to get another drop, well, this equation will always work. Any number they put up is greater than zero, well... unless they offer 0%.

2) See you in 6 or 7 years to find out?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lobotomizer View Post
yes, it amazing that the players had no clue about the NHL's proposal...
Yes, truly amazing. The guy having to negotiate the best deal possible for the players collectively isn't tweeting all the points of sensitive negotiations to the e-verse.