Old
11-03-2012, 05:51 AM
SillyRabbit
Trix Are For Kids

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BayStBullies View Post
How did you go from this:

So 1st line RW capable of 30 goals, 2nd line center capable of 60 points, top 4 Dman capable of 20 minutes a night and Top Prospect ready to break into NHL.*

To this:

Going by this from my own fav team, Kesler, Burrows, Edler and Kassian.
After considering cap, Pits would have to send some salary and lesser replacement players back.

When the players you mentioned; actually translate into this:

A RW capable of reaching 30 goals one single time; despite playing with both Sedin's; 2nd line center capable of 60 points, or 40 points dependent on if he shows up; a #3-4 Dman and a mid-level Prospect only ready to break into NHL if on a team lacking prospect depth.

Burrows has averaged 30 goals over the past four seasons, not to mention he'd be playing with Crosby who is much more skilled than the Sedins.

Kesler is EASILY a 60 point player (he's averaged 65 points the past four seasons), where are you getting 40 points from? Even last year when he didn't play a full season and was coming off an injury he got 50 points.

And in what world is Edler a #4 d-man?

Finally, Kassian is not a mid-level prospect. He's not a top 25 prospect in the league but he's definitely a top prospect.

Anyway i'm not going to let you de-rail this thread with your shameless (and obviously uninformed) Canuck hate.

I think that Kesler, Edler, Burrows + Kassian would be a decent proposal for Malkin, as the Penguins would be receiving a great #2 center to play behind Crosby, who can replace the Selke level defense of Jordan Staal, a top pairing defencemen who will fit nicely on the PP with Letang on the back end, a player capable of playing on the 1st line and putting up 30 goals (think of a clutch version of Chris Kunitz), and a top prospect in Kassian who's ready to step into the NHL very shortly.

That being said, this is ONLY if he demands a trade. Otherwise Pittsburgh keeps him and signs him to whatever contract he asks for.

Even then, i'm thinking there could be more appealing trades out there, such as the Stamkos + Hedman offer (if Tampa fans are actually on board with it). Crosby and Stamkos together would be terrifying.

Last edited by SillyRabbit: 11-03-2012 at 06:12 AM.