Rodney Dangerfield of the Pens
View Single Post
11-03-2012, 06:36 AM
Join Date: Jul 2009
Originally Posted by
When he's on the left side he's a completely different player. He actually keeps his head up to look for someone to pass to.
1. Even if he looks to pass, he's not good at it.
2. I don't really agree that he does that.
3. Putting him into a shooting position is silly because he would be the worst shooter on the powerplay.
4. Putting him in a passing position is silly because he would be far and away the worst passer on the powerplay.
5. Putting him in a position where he can choose to do either is silly because he might be the worst decision maker on the team.
I like TK for his 3rd line position. I seriously do. I don't love him, but he is solid there. His skill set simply does not lend to playing on the top powerplay. Put him over there as the shooter on the second powerplay unit. Tell him his job is simply to get pucks on net. He can do that. But when the other options on his line are 4 all stars or Kunitz, I really don't see a spot for him. Give me Neal or Kunitz out there over him 100% of the time; handedness be damned.
Last edited by Ogrezilla: 11-03-2012 at
View Public Profile
Find More Posts by Ogrezilla