View Single Post
Old
11-03-2012, 08:58 AM
Replacement
Now with 9% more zen

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by guymez View Post
A record of 7 wins and 11 losses and they still get into the playoffs.

Only in the CFL.
Quote:
Originally Posted by guymez View Post
Yeah a 44% winning percentage is pretty bad...a 38% WP is...well...
Posts like this remind me of the famous quip theres lies, lies, and damned statistics. As we all realize the Eskimos in 4 games failed to execute getting the winning pts in FG position. Our record just as easily could be 11-7. I'll hold onto that knowing this is a better football club than the record indicates. But hey, if opponents want to take us lightly on this basis they're welcome to it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pesky Hemsky View Post
You think that's bad, in 1981, Ottawa qualified for the Eastern playoffs at 5-11 and Montreal also did at 3-13!

All five Western teams had a better record. Ottawa caught fire in the playoffs and jumped out to a 20-1 lead against Edmonton in the Grey Cup before the Esks won their 4th in a row on a last second FG. Yes, only in the CFL.
Yeah and I'm surprised there could be older Eskimos fans that don't remember that. That Ottawa club was on fire and played us hard in the first half. Sure they caught an Esks team that wasn't matching intensity from the start but it was arguably the biggest test we had in the 5 year Grey Cup run. Had against a club that was viewed unworthy.

The whole nature of the CFL is "on any given Sunday" proverbially speaking. ANY team making the playoffs can get on a run at the right time. Any team that is a favorite can go the other way just as quickly. Indeed uncertainty is the nature of one game playoffs. What you want to accomplish is going into them with as much personnel, strategies, a run game, and the feeling within the locker room that you are a good team and can win. Hell often times its arguably an advantage to be perceived as an underdog.