View Single Post
Old
11-03-2012, 09:14 AM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal View Post
Watched the North Dakota game (stopped watching the Dogs but will finish later) an interesting note for whatever reason the coach has Kristo playing LW on the top line instead of his usual RW spot. They moved Rowney up to Kristo's spot. Kristo also remains on the point on the PP again, not sure I really like it, he did this in his first two years and I think it ended up being great for his development as he was much more of a passer early on but after much time on the point his passing game improved by leaps and bounds. But I wonder if he isn't better off now on the RW on the PP, on the other hand by doing so they move MacMillan up to the top PP unit which I like to see a lot.

Kristo not having his best game but he did set up the game winning goal. Perhaps it was the move to the RW, but the rest of the team played well including MacMillan despite missing an empty net by inches in the final minute of the game. Had a nice setup on the 2nd goal (still not sure he won't get credit as it might have gone off the BU player)

They moved MacMillan back to C on the 2nd line, the coach said he wanted more production from MacMillan and that he felt that MacMillan is more involved at center (which is where he was when he had his 2 goal game). Thought MacMillan had a very good game, was one of their top forwards as he was working hard all night and was making things happen.

Pretty chippy game, heard the ND players weren't happy about a tweet from a BU player. Tomorrow night should be a fun game to watch as tonight was a real treat.
On a side note....and I know it's just one game....but is Connor Gaarder somebody we should look for at the end of the year? I will probably buy the ND package soon so I'll have my own opinion but just wondering what you thought about him. Seems to have a decent size, and I know he's 21-22 year old but let just say that yesterday's game was somewhat of an eye-opener.