View Single Post
Old
11-03-2012, 10:27 AM
rt
Usually Incorrect

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by lockstock View Post
I grew up in the midwest. We would drive 3 hours to St. Louis or Cincinnati for 5-10 games every year. I could tell you most of the players names and stats. Until 1994. I've been to 2 games since. I haven't had a favorite baseball player since I was a kid.

I'll go back to hockey, but it's going to be tough. I'm a fan of the team, but I'm pissed at the players. This is totally on the players in my opinion. No one could foresee the Canadian dollar skyrocketing against the American dollar. A lot of the growth in revenue which affects the players' take was artificially high when they convert it to US dollar that the NHL runs on. I hope the players get a 48-50 stake shoved down their throats and then the American dollar recovers in a few years. Those record revenues won't be so huge anymore and the players' share will be even smaller.

I fully understand why the owners are where they are. Then players are overpaid buffoons.
Which is why I think it is hilarious that the majority of fans on this board firmly believe that AT LEAST two American teams should be immediately relocated to Canada. Can nobody remember ten years ago? Then again, there was a poll conducted several years ago, and I believe the overwhelming majority of posters on this forum are between sixteen and twenty one years old. I guess it sort of makes sense that they can't remember a time when the Nordiques relocated to Colorado, the Jets to Phoenix, and both Alberta teams were a smurfs **** hair away from going to Houston and Portland. Ottawa had huge problems, too. If the American economy hadn't tanked, this league might have three Canadian teams.

Can anyone tell me how the Canadian dollar will stack up to the USD in ten more years? Haha.