View Single Post
Old
11-03-2012, 10:56 AM
pensrule2011

vCash: 500

Devils announce Lamoriello has stepped down to become assistant GM of newly appointed GM Murray

Pictured here is Lamoriello giving his closing press conference

Lou Lamoriello stated yesterday in a press conference that he would be, "stepping down as General Manager of the New Jersey Devils and would become an advisor to the newly appointed Dan Murray." Lamoriello served 25 years as General Manager of the Devils and has led the team to 5 Stanley Cup Finals, while winning three cups out of those. Lamoriello also told us that he is happy that he could find such a suitable replacement for him and remarked, "I think the Devils are in good hands with Dan."

Dan Murray, an experienced OHL GM, is leaving a job as GM of the Plymouth Whalers who had an astounding season last year with a 47-18-3 record one of the best in years for the team. Murray won't be coming into the Devils completely blind as he has met and knows fondly Devils goalie prospect Scott Wedgewood who played on the Whalers last season. Scott is also on the top three questions Murray told us he would deal with first.

"What should happen with the team losing Captain Parise?"
"Well I have been looking at some possible options but the problem is you can't duplicate Parise's talent. The guys on the team are just going to have to step up their game and play a better game every night."

"Will Scott Wedgewood be ready in two years when Hedberg and Brodeur's contracts expire?"
"Time will tell. That's all I can say at the moment on Brodeur.

"Will Kovalchuk step up in his new role as captain?"
"He was a good captain in Atlanta and I think he will be good here in New Jersey also."