Thread: Proposal: Tor - Phi
View Single Post
Old
11-03-2012, 11:08 AM
Dr. Octagon

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whydidijoin View Post
Because from watching Couturier, I don't see the offensive instinct or ability at the NHL level that would be required for a legitimate first line player.

I think he maxes out as a Kesler or Staal (even then, that is pushing it), and those types of players don't usually develop as quickly. And I think he has to approach that and at least be a legitimate 2nd-liner to compare to the season Gardiner had last year.

Still doesn't matter, because experience is a better way to judge than age, especially when they play different positions. And fact is, Gardiner had a better rookie year, and both have just as much potential from here.
You're just being a hater. To say Cout won't improve at all from now until he's 21 is absurd and a desperate grasp at straws to help prove your silly point. What 18 year old comes into the NHL and immediately puts up tons of points? How did Joe Thornton look when he was 18? Anyone who watched him knows he has offensive skills. He has the best wrist shot on the team. He'll get more of a chance to score this year and the years after. Value-wise Couturier > Gardiner and any GM in the league will agree

Dr. Octagon is offline   Reply With Quote