View Single Post
Old
11-03-2012, 11:19 AM
WetHog

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to WetHog
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrawlFan View Post
Been a skins fan for a couple years now and really thought this could be a surprise year but realistically new that we were a couple years away. The WR were brutttttal the other day and I really thought we could squeeze out a win especially the way we played against the Giants.

After the last game I thought the secondary was an area that needed improvement but now I cant tell :s the WR's need to start delivering. Or atleast not turning it over as much.
I wouldn't get all doom and gloom on the WR's just yet. A number of them like Robinson, Hankerson and Briscoe are young and still finding their way. Robinson I still think has a chance to break through to be a fine #3/slot WR, and Shanahan has said he will get more of a shot this week. Briscoe is new to the offense and still has potential to be an effective red zone threat like he was in TB and he finally got some chances in Pittsburgh. Hankerson on the other hand is teetering on the edge of bust, IMO. He has shown glimpses of being good, like in St. Louis, but he also has shown himself to lack the drive to succeed, like catching a 3rd down pass 1 yard short of a 1st down and not really fighting for that extra yard in Pittsburgh.

Then there is Garcon and Morgan. Garcon has shown a little flash of being the #1 reciever the Skins need in the pre-season and the NO game, but a foot injury is tough. He probably won't be right till next year. Morgan on the other hand is in the same category as Hankerson, IMO. FA bust material. He has made some plays, but not nearly enough for the money he is making. It can be said he is a Vet coming into a new system and he needs time to get the swing of things, but he needs to step things up in the 2nd half of the season, big time.

Then there is Moss. Old reliable. For him to still be the #1 guy on the Skins sums of the state of the WR position at this point. Average. He makes plays, but at this time of his career he should be only counted on as a complimentary piece and a safety valve to Griffin. The sooner Moss can get back to that role the better.

TE is also a question mark, but Paulson has shown promise as a pass catcher, but Paul is still at least a year away from showing if he can transition to a true TE in the Shannon Sharpe mold.