View Single Post
Old
11-03-2012, 12:52 PM
JPurp26

vCash: 300

Thoughts from this one:

7 Brayden McNabb- Not a good game from McNabb. Must have had 4-5 turnovers in the first period alone. He made some nice plays but wasn't the guy who were hoping for. I'm assuming it was just an off night and that he will rebound well tonight.

4 Alex Biega- Thought he was one of their better defensemen tonight. I like his game. The only real negative on him from helping him see a shot at the show is his size.

72 Luke Adam- Adam still is slow, his skating his choppy. He made one or two nice feeds but overall, he needs to show a lot more for me to think has a chance at becomming a NHL regular.

91 Fred Roy- I like his game a lot, he had a spirited bout, a couple shots on goal, killed penalties successfully. If he was bigger he would be a nice nice prospect to have.

33 David Leggio- Leggio was awesome. Great game, seems composed well squared to shooters. Very fast goalie and that is a big reason why he is so successful in shootouts. He held his team in this game as the D as a whole didn't play particularly well.

28 Zemgus Girgensons- A lot faster then I remember, I can see the Rob Brind'Amour comparisons with the style of play. If he becomes nearly half the player RB was, we have ourselves a keeper. It was a little bit of a quiet game, as you don't notice him all that much. He does the little things well. Scored his first goal on a nice deflection. Hopefully he can keep adjusting as the USHL to AHL is a large step up.

15 Evan Rankin- I was real excited to watch Rankin because of the hype that has been surrounding him. The announcer even mentioned (not stevens, but i think seiling) that he could see him in the NHL someday. I don't know if I see that. His skating needs improvement to be more successful but he played well. Rolston really trusts him. He also rocked some guys with BIG hits last night. Him and Foligno.

3 TJ Brennan- Still makes a lot of D zone head-scratching plays. I still need to be proved by him like Adam, that he will ever be more then TOP A guy / Depth NHL guy. Good puck movement but still shaky.

71 Marcus Foligno- Played great, I don't believe he had any points (he did score shootout winner) but he still generated a lot of chances. He protects the puck so well with his size. His stickhandling is surprisingly good for a big guy. He threw his body around all night and absolutely laid some Bulldogs out. Even made some nice dishes on the PP.

19 Cody Hodgson- Had a couple of nice playmaking plays. He does look slightly faster mostly with his first step. Kind of a quiet game other then that. Was hoping for a more dominant performance but hopefully he will rebound tonight.

Lastly, I believe every goal in the shootout on Mayer, was five hole

Tonight I will look to focus on others more

JPurp26 is offline   Reply With Quote