Thread: Proposal: Montreal - Phoenix
View Single Post
Old
11-03-2012, 02:26 PM
OneSharpMarble

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hbk View Post
Hanzel fits into the Tippett system in Phoenix and would be a player they would not be giving up without a serious premium. He's about as untouchable as that organization has up front. His value exceeds far beyond the stat sheet.

The Subban/Yandle comparison has been done to death. Phoenix isn't in the market for a D and this would be a lateral move for the franchise. Phoenix only makes Yandle available because of their depth of their blueline prospects. Removing him and bringing in PK is just the same problem but the name is different. Yandle will likely only be moved if they can add an impact forward. I don't believe Desharnais is the type of impact forward that they would be targeting.

In short there really isn't anything in this proposal that I think Maloney would seriously consider. Has everyone forgotten that Maloney is a former GM of the year and that his team is the reigning Pacific Division Champions? I know it's franchise without an owner but there's lots of good things happening with this franchise and Maloney deserves some credit for it.
What about Yandle for Plekanec? Maybe a pick to even things out.

OneSharpMarble is online now   Reply With Quote