View Single Post
Old
11-03-2012, 03:17 PM
Hockey Duckie

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henkine View Post
Personally I'm very disappointed in Vatanen. It seems like he has regressed three years of development. He is the unsecure teenager again who has the speed and soft hands but doesn't know what to do with them. It's exactly like his first year in FEL. Bad minus in +/- stats and for a reason. He was a defensive liability, and he turns out to be that again now three years later. It's just frustrating to watch. At 2 AM I might add.
Smaller ice, different type of game. Anyhow, what exactly are you expecting out of Vatanen? I view him as a top prospect. The way you're conveying your thoughts it seems as though he's an NHL 7 year regular that hasn't found his groove or consistency defensively and ignore Vatanen's strength offensively.

This almost sounds similar to the Etem fans that were touting he was the next greatest thing to Ketchup. And when Etem doesn't show up, those fans don't either. Ends up those who didn't see Etem as great, don't seem him as terrible, but rather a prospect still needing to grow.