View Single Post
Old
11-03-2012, 03:10 PM
MJF

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OlTimeHockey View Post
And you're leaving out the part where the arena has to be updated or replaced in suburbia.....which would mean it could work.

And that was the original discussion - urbania vs. suburbia. Number of people to see ad space and the ability to charge more through organic success.

If you have this arena that needs updating and put out a great product, things go much easier. If you dismantle your one success and slowly strangle it to produce a ast place team every year through pigheaded mismanagement.....

no wonder we moved! Two decades of losing plus and nothing got done? Color me surprised. Add: this all got done, the LHP, the referendum and move......during a grave economic plight for LI, especially Nassau.

But we still got pretty good numbers through the gates these past few years considering the horrid hockey.
I largely agree with you on this one. I've been trying to say this in other threads. A new arena with all the bells and whistles Baclays has in Nassau plus a better product on the ice would get Wang the revenue he needed. The advertising space on the boards, around the arena, message boards, point-of-sale merchandising, restaurants, etc. The Isles TV broadcasts would still be in the New York market. The advertiser's message would still get out to the masses 29 miles east of Brooklyn.

Unfortunately, the short-sightedness of the voters and politicians of Nassau County who do not think that a state of the art entertainment venue is a public good chased the Isles out of Nassau.

Now the revenue goes into NYC's coffers instead of keeping the money at home.

MJF is offline   Reply With Quote