Old
11-03-2012, 03:12 PM
Replacement
Now with 9% more zen

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by guymez View Post
Thats a silly game to play.
We could easily pick apart every game and detail how lucky the Esks were time win some of the games they won.
The 7-11 record is reflective of the quality of the team and most assuredly the quality of the offence.
The record is not at all reflective of the team that the Eskimos are headed into the playoffs with. Several of the losses, and some of the one sided losses you mentioned occurred when we were scrambling to find D lineman and linebackers to throw out there. For a large part of the season it was the Sheritt show all day any day but not as much by design as who else did we have back there with game experience. Which is precisely what a plethora of injuries in key spots does to a team.

The offence hasn't been much, we know that. For much of the year Toronto didn't have anything going in that regard either. Although I'm sure you can trot out a meaningless QB efficiency rating which to me as has much validity as a Corsi rating when applied to the CFL.

I really don't know how you can deny that this team had the game won 4 times in situations where they were in FG position and found a way to screw the pooch. Its too bad, some bad breaks, kind of how things can go when you're getting the worst possible breaks. Our season series with Calgary alone is absolute indication of that. I mean we had potential game winning FG's on the tee three times. Twice with it being the last play of the game. If you want to talk about our record being reflective thats fine, you're the only one believing it. Well, probably PDO.

Last edited by Replacement: 11-03-2012 at 03:18 PM.