View Single Post
Old
11-03-2012, 03:22 PM
RipsADrive
Maybe next year?

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by the8bandarmadillo View Post
As a Minnesota fan, I think it's just the hypocrisy coming from the Edmonton journalists and some of their fans. An article was posted after the first Houston/OKC game and one of the journalists was whining that Edmonton players were being deliberately targeted, including Granlund's errant stick whack to Nuge's face. Furthermore, Hall was whining earlier in the week as evident here:

http://twitter.com/HockeyGalindo/sta...87992897814528

about being teams targeting elite players and he goes and does something stupid like that? He's going to have to keep his head up and his head on a swivel.

As Wild fans, we're used to this sort of BS and I think partly because Shanahan didn't do anything (nor apparently will the AHL) teams will continue to take liberties and runs at Wild players/Aero players because why not?

It's just frustrating as a Wild fan. If this happened to a guy like Gardiner or Schultz? The board would be flooded with Leaf/Oiler fans whining about how their team is being targeted and how unfair it is and how the player should get a suspension. The Wild have had a TON of injuries due to very questionable hits the last two years and how many suspensions have resulted in it? I think 1 and Clutter didn't even get injured.

BTW here's the article: http://www.edmontonsun.com/2012/10/2...-target-in-ahl
I take exception to this part. "Does something stupid like that"? It's called bodychecking and league deemed it to be clean by rescinding the match penalty.

Hall wasn't targeting Brodin because he was an elite player. He targeted him because he was the defenseman who had the puck while Hall was forchecking. The proper play is to get in fast and lay a hit hoping to cause a turnover. It's not Hall's fault Brodin put himself in a bad position.

RipsADrive is offline   Reply With Quote