View Single Post
Old
11-03-2012, 04:14 PM
Big Phil

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Butch 19 View Post
^^^^ agree with that.

Lindros was such a talent, but imo, he thought he was above the game, better than everyone else so he didn't have to follow the accepted rules (ways of doing things). He cut his own throat.
True. I have heard Gretzky say that regardless of what team drafts you, you should be honoured to be part of that team. Proud to wear that sweater. Because if you don't a million other guys would. He wasn't poking it at Lindros, but just in general. Here is the best player that ever lived and if there was someone who could easily feel like he was above the game it was him, but he didn't. Lindros, who had never even stepped on NHL ice felt entitled and in a way it started a snowball effect to how we see players today. Young players especially. Lindros earned nothing at that time and even at his best was never in Gretzky's universe at HIS best.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thom View Post
Ask Erik Lindros if he was beaten up by Elvis Stoyko at a Philadephia bar?
Yeah right. I've heard that rumour countless times. It always got me thinking, could Stojko have been able to take the Big E? The first thing you think about is just how much bigger Lindros was. Both are in shape, both are athletes so you have that going in both of their favours. I don't know. I always thought it was more or less a rumour for the fun of it because how would it look on Lindros if he loses to a male figure skater?

Big Phil is offline   Reply With Quote