Old
11-03-2012, 07:43 PM
Vankiller Whale
All hail WMD

vCash: 400
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJuxtaposer View Post
A couple problems.

Firstly, it leaves the Sharks with only 5 top-6 forwards, and one of them is Marty Havlat, who's almost assured to be injured for half the season.

Secondly, Raymond seems like Torrey Mitchell 2.0, aka a pure motor who tries to be physical (but fails) with a decent defensive game, but stonehands, not much IQ, and not much creativity. Tell me where I'm wrong, but that's my impression of Raymond. And Sharks fans everywhere cheered at the non-resigning of Mitchell.

Thirdly, we only have need of 1 more third line winger, as Tommy Wingels will basically be given a spot. Hansen and Wingels would be an amazing pair of third line wingers. But where does that leave Raymond? He's neither a 2nd liner nor a 4th liner.

Raymond just doesn't have that much value to us, and as great a third liner as Hansen is, he's still not as valuable as Clowe, who is a legit 2nd liner.
Raymond doesn't really have "stone hands", although his decision making could use some work. I get your reasoning though.

OTish-What's the deal with Doherty? Any chance at making the NHL as a meaningful player?

Vankiller Whale is offline   Reply With Quote