View Single Post
Old
11-03-2012, 07:39 PM
tarheelhockey
Global Moderator

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theokritos View Post
Or maybe some people value peak higher than longevity. If you think that is silly, then I have to live with that. But I for my part wouldn't call "career guys" silly (or maybe even insincere? "consciously excluding the factors that make it one-sided") just because they see things in a different way...

On the substance of the debate, I don't have a big issue with what you say. As long as you also claim that (for example) Potvin vs Bourque is not much of a contest either, I'm fine with it. I don't agree 100%, but I see your point and I think it's very reasonable. We just don't agree on what to call a contest and what not. Does that make me silly? Feel free to think so.
I don't think you're being silly because I think you understand that what you're calling "debatable" is only debatable in the sense that someone could take an extreme, blinders-on position that peak performance is literally the only thing that matters. And you don't seem to buy that. Neither does anyone else here as far as I can tell.

If you can find such a person, I'd be interested to know their opinion on Jim Carey.

tarheelhockey is offline   Reply With Quote