View Single Post
Old
11-03-2012, 07:51 PM
Harry Waters

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theokritos View Post
That's one thing I never understood. You should be honoured that they force you to play for a certain team? A team that you're not interested in and don't want to have anything to do with? Honoured that they take away your choice? For a European like me it's amazing to see that in free-market North America a rigid illiberal system, dwelling in a grey era of the law, is not only openly in place, but also glorified as a moral issue and almost adored like a religious fetish. I believe Lindros had his flaws, but not mistaking the Draft System for a sacred institution is not one of them.
While I wouldn't word it that strong, that bothered me (as a fellow European ) for a long time. I'm not even saying that the draft (and trades, since it's a similar argument) is totally unacceptable - I just can't wrap my head around the fact it's in place in north america, the U.S. in particular. We shouldn't get further into politics, but it is a really interesting topic, perhaps for another thread.
But if the healthcare-for-everyone-europeans think that the players lack free choices in comparison to Europe, there might be something to it

And to add something to the thread: If Lindros stays in Quebec, the Avalanche would have less cups for sure. But that trade should be an example for every trade proposal concerning Malkin or Crosby - just from a 'value'-standpoint and without millions of Dollars cash.

Harry Waters is offline   Reply With Quote