Old
11-03-2012, 09:49 PM
Crimson Skorpion
HFB Partner

vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by HabsPassion View Post
Agreed, he did blow cover. But however St-Denis is just as much as fault as Beaulieu as he did not get the puck out and essentially caused the turnover, forget the fact that he lost his guy. I don't agree about sitting him, they are young, and they will mistakes. They will learn, You do not think Beaulieu knows he should have stayed infront? Either way, I prefer to get a L and have our youth develop, he could have replaced Beaulieu with Tinordi or Ellis and I would have been pleased.
Sorry, I disagree on all fronts here.

As mentioned before, St-Denis is not a rookie. He'll get his ear chewed off on the bench but benching a player after a bad mistake is usually meant for rookies who need to still learn as they go. Whether Beaulieu knows or not, doesn't make a difference. Hopefully now he knows that making a mistake like that will lead to a benching. Had he stayed in front and covered the guy, the option of a pass out front would have not been there. The player with the puck would have likely had to circle around the net.

I'd rather have the W and have these kids learn under a winning way. Beaulieu got the proverbial monkey off his back by picking up an assist, learned a lesson about covering your man at all times, and got to celebrate a hard fought victory.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HabsPassion View Post
How? So you are saying Veterans should be making mistakes, but rookies are not allowed. If anything, it should be the opposite.. I don't agree with this at all.. sorry.
I didn't say that. I said veterans and rookies are treated differently. St-Denis lost his man due to speed, not a mistake in judgement. Beaulieu left his man out in front to cover someone that he shouldn't have been covering.

Want to write for us? Head to lastwordonsports.com/writeforus and apply!