View Single Post
Old
11-03-2012, 09:48 PM
ilovetheflyers8

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Appleyard View Post
So far this year... seemingly not, so many goals have been against them from sloppy outlet passes or D-men trying to dangle round someone when they should just whack it round the boards.

Danny Briere and Zherdev could be a better D partnership than the bottom phantoms pairing... at least their dangles have half a chance of getting past the forecheckers... while skating diagonally in front of their own goal.

Unless the players just are not listening, or are not used to the system yet, the D positioning, decisions and movement has sucked.

They actually look ok going forward, but get far fewer opportunities than they should do due to getting no service due to the outlet passes.
I would think Gus and Syvret would be able to handle outlet passing, but I missed a lot of last season so I didn't see Gus play much. How have they looked?

edit- Per the box score, the Phantoms beat Albany 4-0, with goals by Gustafsson, Couturier, Harper, and Holmstrom. 2 assists for Schenn, 2 for Couturier, 1 for Ford, and one for a defenseman I didn't know was on the team, Jeff Dimmen.

Last edited by ilovetheflyers8: 11-03-2012 at 10:21 PM.