View Single Post
Old
11-03-2012, 09:56 PM
Replacement
Now 11.5% more Zen

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoneyGuy View Post
Ha, nice one. There are folks here who know who I am and my connections, which go much deeper than Tillman.

This decision was made a couple of weeks ago. It was timed this way for a reason. If the team had had some success in the playoffs and won a couple of series, they couldn't have pulled the trigger. Yes, the board does think this team can do some damage in the playoffs. This decision was made mainly because the hiring fractured the fan base.
Really if this is the reason that Tillman was fired today then everybody in management should be looking for a new job. This was an extremely contentious hire and everybody knew that going in. To realize that a mere 2 yrs after is puzzling at best. This was a huge PR gamble hiring Tillman and now with the team deciding in midcourse to change direction it has all the look of a gongshow. Nobody knowing what they are doing.

I'll borrow a page out of PDO's book as well, the Esks went AGAINST the grain hiring Tillman. The popular move afairc was hiring from within and somebody like Sean Fleming or Ed Hervey.

If you make a controversial out of the ballpark hire you damned well better know what you're doing and be right on it. Looks like they got it wrong. Not one iota of the org taking responsibility for the Tillman hire either.