Thread: Speculation: Winnipeg Jets 2013 Draft Talk
View Single Post
Old
11-03-2012, 11:16 PM
Bob E

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by garret9 View Post
I'm going to be a little more conservative on our prospects development. So to assess our needs (yes BPA is the most important factor)... if we want to be a cup contending team in 2 years (2014-2015):

Jets
Kane ??? Wheeler
Ladd Little Burmistrov
Telegin Scheifele ???
Cormier Slater Machachek
Klingberg

Enstrom Byfuglien
??? Bogosian
Redmond Postma
O`Neill

IceCaps
Lowry O`Dell Kosmachuk
Gregoire Olsen ???
??? Sutter Brassard
??? ??? ???

Melchiori ???
Chiarot Yuen
Sol Serville
Stoykewych

??? can be filled by FA, trade, or keeping some of the current players under TNSE that are not listed (and a few maybe from this years draft depending on birthdate and skill).

Some assumptions have been made:
*lower progression, obviously anyone can jump up but I'd like to not count on such things
*Trouba spending 3-4 years college, thus maximizing development time and ready to jump in to non-sheltered minutes
*I considered minimal regression in 2 years for our top players

I don't think Trouba will spend 3-4 years in college. Likely just 2, imo, and would likely be further ahead than Redmond, Postma, O`Neill, Chiarot, Yuen, Sol, Serville or
Stoykewych in the depth chart when he does arrive. So, I would think Trouba would play, even if it is sheltered minutes as a 3rd pairing dman, once he left college.

I'm hoping this draft provides the Jets with some quality blue-chip prospects and future depth at all positions, especially center and goalie. If Chevy can pull off a deal to have 2 first rd picks (early and late), that may set up the franchise to be a serious playoff contender for years. In 3+ years, which is okay with me.