View Single Post
Old
11-03-2012, 10:52 PM
kurt
the last emperor

vCash: 500
"I just showed him what a 170 pounder can do." - Anthony "Never Ever 170 lbs" Johnson

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnshockey View Post
I like that the WSOF got itself on a half decent channel (better than Fuel and FX for sure) but WSOF 2 needs less squash matches. Way too many cans fighting former UFC fighters on one card for my liking.
Hopefully NBC picks up the option for the next event. Im guessing they have a pretty limited budget, especially given their TV deal uncertainty. They may fill out their roster if things get a little more established, but in the meantime I'm guessing they'll keep the few recognizeable fighters they have fighting fights they can win, so they can keep marketing them in future fights. Also to limit the cost of each fight.

Strikeforce did this quite often too. Definitely mismatches here and there, but some excellent and unforgettable fights too. It's pretty clear it's not easy entering this industry though. Casual fans don't pay attention to anything that doesn't have the UFC brand behind it, even iin instances where the events are better. Baby steps.

kurt is online now   Reply With Quote