Thread: Prospect Info: Kings Prospects in the CHL/College
View Single Post
Old
11-04-2012, 01:03 AM
Peter James Bond

vCash: 500
I went to tonight's Denver U vs St Cloud St game. Bought a 3rd row corner ticket for $27 at the door. I got some good pics of Nick Shore, Nic Dowd and Kevin Gravel and will post them later. Nick Shore looks strong in all areas of the game; he skates well, is poised, has very good hockey sense and can make plays and shoot the puck. He showed very good hands in warmups, scoring some nice placed shots. In the game, he had 1 goal and an assist. He was very good on faceoffs too. He was named Star #2. For St Cloud, I must say Nic Dowd looks very awkward in terms of skating and overall movement. His speed is ok and he battles for pucks, as well as shows good offensive instincs, but I swear he looks like the 6'8" Steve McKenna (if you remember him) in terms of skating. Nic is listed at 6'2" and may be about 6'3", so I am not saying he is 6'8', but his skating isn't pretty to watch. In the 3rd, he was coming out of his zone and got stripped from behind, in which the DU player scored. Ouch.
Kevin Gravel looked very solid. He is listed at 6'4" 200. He skates very well, looks sound positionally and is good in front of his net and on the boards. I was pretty impressed with his play. He is a Junior and will only get better. Anyway, it was awesome to see live hockey again.