View Single Post
Old
11-04-2012, 12:45 AM
Bob E

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by garret9 View Post
I don't think we totally disagree.

I agree that when Trouba makes the transfer he will definitely jump ahead of all of those names...
My thoughts are, if he doesn't jump ahead of Redmond and Postma then he would be better served to continue in college.
Given two years Trouba (2012-2013 + 2013-2014) I think will 100% be ahead of anyone on that list not named Redmond and Postma, but I wouldn't say it's a guarantee for the other two, just a maybe...
He almost definitely will surpass them eventually, I'm just a little more conservative on development speed of anyone, which in my opinion is important when trying to look at depth needs/holes.
True, i'm just basing my view on the fact that i believe Redmond and Postma have more questions - as NHL prospects - then i believe Trouba does. My view is the 'good' that Trouba brings (size, physical play, shot, excellent skating ability, some offensive upside), far out reaches what Redmond and Postma bring. Two years down the road, that should be even more apparent.

I'm not sure Postma will be a solid, regular NHL defenseman when the season finally does start. Offensively, he's likely fine, but i'm not sure he can be trusted defensively. Noel will no doubt shelter his minutes and match-ups, and he'll see spot duty on the power play, but i'm not sure he'll develop into more than that. Redmond seems to be best case, a RH'd Stuart, which isn't awful, it's just that Trouba has top pairing 'potential'. No guarantees he gets there either, but that potential is far greater than the other two, imo.

They may want him in working with Charlie Huddy sooner, rather than later, too.

Now if Buff stays, and Bogo continues to develop, and Postma or Redmond become competent NHL dmen, then potentially 'rushing' Trouba isn't necessary either. My belief is Buff will not be here in 3 years and Trouba will slot into the top 4, very nicely.