View Single Post
Old
11-04-2012, 01:43 AM
Holden Caulfield
Perennial Skeptic

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sully1410 View Post
The difference is that most work places do not rely on unit cohesion to operate successfully.

I know from your standpoint it means nothing, I have no clue what you do for a living, but I too work under this type of environment. If people are Hissing and talking like this behind the back of the person that is supposed to be leading them(in this case Buck, the QB, in my case some senior NCO), then it is very indicative of something being rotten in the state of Denver.

In order for this type of work environment to be successful, you need to have faith in your leadership. Especially the lower level of QB an team captain. If you don't have that, the team will fracture, creating divisions and drama. It also affects morale and the teams overall ability to bring it when the time comes.

To a casual observer, this may seem like not a big deal...but I've worked under similar environment, whether it be overseas or in garrison, if your talking **** about someone that goes into battle with you...it is never a good sign.
I played a rather high level hockey for quite some time, played with some of the best of the best and was apart of teams that went on to win National Titles, and apart of teams that missed playoffs. In reality there was not a huge difference in terms of things like team cohesion...on probably the best team I have ever played on, which did win the National AAA Title we had clear groups on the team where so players would not even talk to others is how much they hated each other...and I've been on low ranking teams that are all the best of friends.

But when people are joking around (and saying Pierce would get hurt getting frisked is CLEARLY joking around), it's generally a GOOD sign about the team being close and friendly. This type of thing is nothing. All competitive sports players will joke about the players on my team being "weak", or whatever, it's part of the whole locker room atmosphere, even behind their back, it's just part of being on a team, it's not "****talking". They are not "Hissing", they are making a joke about a player being injury prone, who IS injury prone. This is not questioning leadership, this is not attacking Pierce in a literal sense, it's a JOKE. If they legitimately did not like/respect him, trust me there would be MANY different ways they would handle something like that, not by joking around about the guy...