View Single Post
Old
11-04-2012, 01:55 AM
wildcat48
HFB Partner

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTrollhunter View Post
U guys got to be kidding. I guess we have to agree to disagree.
I would agree with the assessment by Ultra Swat and Bruins71 on Rundblad, however, I wouldn't say he's terrible. It's just how he plays the game. He's offense first and defense when he gets around to it. He's second among defensemen on the Pirates in scoring with seven assists, but he's been on the ice for four of the six shorthanded goals allowed by the Pirates and he's been on the ice for 12 of 29 goals.

The shorthanded goals, while not totally his fault, are an indicator of his style of play. Again, offensive first, defense second.

Being the ice for 12-of-29 goals wouldn't be such a concern, but if you look at his TOI I would say that its cause for alarm. He's fourth on the team in TOI, averaging just under 14 mins.

If you use Mike Stone as a control sample. He leads the team in TOI at nearly 23 minutes per game, has six points with a plus-6 rating. He's been on the ice for six opposition power-play goals and one shorthanded goal. He's been on the ice nine of 29 goals allowed by the Pirates this season.

I think there is a still time for Rundblad to turn it around and find his way. The Coyotes aren't going to give up on him, but I think it has to start with Rundblad wanting to play defense first and chip in with the offense at a more measured pace.